21 Nov 2010

Borough Market

Even though it's only just down the road from my house, I rarely visit Borough Market: mostly because the goods for sale are too tempting for my skimpy purse and partly because it gets so very packed that you can't reach the free samples of cheese (which is the real reason I go, obviously). Last Friday an epicurious uncle of mine was in town and demanded a visit. Roast duck, creme caramel, organic juice, potted shrimp, juicy kalamata olives and Monmouth Coffee. Me oh my... I genuinely think that the flash of red on the pheasant below and the beetled blues and greens of its neck feathers are nothing short of exquisite.  
I cannot resist taking a photo of a pig's head when I see one. Weird or what?
Have you ever seen a more beautiful presentation of artichokes than these babies? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment