26 May 2011

A photoshoot with Vera Chok

Vera and I have struck up quite a little artist-muse thing of late - you'll probably recognise her from previous appearances on the blog at Samantha's Supper Club and as Fifty Faces #4. Though she didn't appear in the images, she was also the drive behind last week's trip to the Torriano Meeting House, where I shot images of a production she was in. A couple of weeks ago, keen to test my tasty new lighting kit, I headed over to her house for a fun little shoot. Vera was interested in exploring the stereotype of the submissive Asian lady (she'd just returned from a visit to family in Malaysia - that's a vintage dress of her mum's she's wearing in the shots!). Somehow it all turned into a modernised In the Mood for Love inspired sort of piece - one part dissatisfied housewife, and one part ice-cool fashion kitten. Maybe it was the vintage ad poster with Mah Jong playing ladies Vera showed me before we kicked off? Anyway, I really like these images and I hope you do too. You can contact Vera through her website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment