13 Jun 2013

it has a smiling new face

A few weeks ago I went to the Museum of Childhood for a meeting. Luckily for me I had taken my camera along because I had not remembered just how many little miniature displays there are. Tiny things and small worlds are so very intriguing - is it because we feel as if we loom over them, and are therefore superior? Or is there something more protective there? Here are a few items in particular which caught my eye. 
If you like these you should also check out the work of Lori Nix and Laurie Simmons, both of whom work with small constructed environments. I've photographed some before too and these also fit with the work I showed in  my exhibition The Cabinet of Smash and Grab (can't keep a gal away from her themes, it seems).

0 comments:

Post a Comment