14 Apr 2014

Egg decorating and macro filtering

I tested out my new Polaroid macro filters before an egg decorating session with Jessica this weekend. So far, I love these bad boys! I haven't yet tried the +1 or +2 filters but did test out the +4 and +10 ones and also stacked them to create the equivalent of +14. I absolutely love tiny detail shots and these filters work by reducing the minimum focusing distance so you can get very close to your subject (as above). I bought the 52mm thread filters so they would fit on my favourite 50mm lens.

One tip for anyone else thinking of buying and using these is that they dramatically reduce the depth of field - the shot below is at f8.0 but appear as though it's about f4 or even lower - so close down the aperture as much as possible. But I can now take as many pictures of SEQUINS as my sparkle-loving heart could desire.
Oops - sequins vs floor incident.
Jessica looks pretty pleased with her eggy self-portrait.
Nothing like a bit of crafting on a sunny late afternoon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment