27 Nov 2018

Wilma

It's been nearly two months since I came back from the residency in Iceland, and not only have I only just started editing the photos I took there, I haven't in fact really been in much of a photographic mood at all - very unlike me. I reckon it's like diving, surface too fast and you'll get the bends.

Now I've made at least a tentative start, I thought I'd start sharing some of them here as I go and am starting with a portrait of artist Wilma Vissers in her Iceland studio.
Wilma was one of the women I shared a house with. The house had flaky mint-coloured woodwork, a collection of pebbles on a shelf, and groaned in the wind, and Nathalie and Wilma and I made a very happy home there for a short while. Wilma's practice encompasses painting, drawing, sculpture and (as with all of us on the residency) book-making and I highly recommend you connect with her next time you're in Groningen.

wilmavissers.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment