22 Sept 2011

Self portrait: Beautifying

 
A little series inspired in part by a talk at the National Portrait Gallery a couple of weeks ago on the use of self-portraiture by contemporary women photographers (given by Camilla Brown, who is a wonderful speaker, as part of the museum's brilliant free lunchtime talks). Additional sparks came from a few nights out lately where the slap and hair has been at more intense levels than I would usually bother with.

I've been trying lately not to be so rigid about projects and plans. I have a tendency to procrastinate wildly and use the excuse that something's not perfect or final in order to put off actually acting on any of my ideas. So this and several previous posts can be seen as sketches in order to try and loosen me out of this habit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment